Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook are the most commonly used Office software. Other applications comprise Publisher Access as well as OneNote. Microsoft Office was first introduced in 1989 on its Apple Macintosh computer and later for Windows.
It has since undergone several updates and revisions, including the most recent version, Office 2021. Every application in the suite is designed to serve a particular function, like word processing using Word, spreadsheet creation using Excel, and presentation creation using PowerPoint.
Here's a quick overview of each of the applications and how you can utilize them for:
Applications for MS Office & Their Purposes
At present, MS Office 2016 version is extensively used throughout the globe, and all of its programs are extensively utilized for professional and personal reasons.
Below do the features comprise Microsoft Office and each of its capabilities.
1. MS Word
- The first release was on the 25th of October, 1983.
- The extension for Doc documents is ".doc."
- It is beneficial in making Text documents.
- Templates can be designed for professional use using MS Word.
- Colors, Work Art images, animations, or stains can be included alongside the content in that document. It is accessible in the format of papers.
- Authors can make use of their writing skills to edit their work.
2. MS Excel
- It is an application for processing data.
- Large amounts of data can be easily managed and stored in tabular format with MS Excel.
- Calculations can be performed by analyzing the vast amount of information entered into spreadsheets' cells in just a few seconds.
- When stored in your computer, the extension of a file is ".xls."
3. MS PowerPoint
- Helpful in creating audiovisual presentations.
- Every presentation is comprised of a variety of slides that present data.
- The extension to use for PowerPoint slides is ".ppt."
- Most commonly used for professional use
- With the help of PowerPoint with its PowerPoint software, presentations can be enhanced with interactive elements
4. MS Access
- This was made public on the 13th of November in 1992.
- It is Database Management Software (DBMS)
- Forms, tables, queries, along with reports can be made using MS Access
- Export and import of data in different formats can be accomplished
5. MS Outlook
- It was made available on the 16th of January, 1997.
- It is an individual information management system.
- This can be used as a one-user program or a multi-user software.
- This is its email client that is part of the Office Suite.
- The extension of a file used for the Outlook File is ".pst."
6. MS OneNote
- It was made public on the 19th of November in 2003.
- It was initially an element of the Office suite. Then, the developers released it for free, stand-alone, and readily available on the Google Play Store for Android devices.
- The notes may contain images, text tables, etc.
- The extension used for OneNote Files is ".one."
- The application can be used offline and online and is a multi-user program.
What is Microsoft Office vital?
Microsoft Office is essential for students as well as professionals. It aids them in making professional documents based on data.
Before MS Office, it was hard for students and professionals to design professional documents. They needed to invest many hours working on documents. Today, they can make these documents in the shortest amount of time with MS Office.
Being familiar with Microsoft Office applications is one of the most essential requirements for all businesses. They require their employees to possess basic knowledge of technology.
They must ensure that every task is efficient and efficiently completed with the latest technology. A similar situation is for government institutions and also the banking industry.